Sunday, January 06, 2008

Heritage Walk is Big Hit

The effort pays off.
The heritage tour of '10 unique Mylapore houses' on  Saturday is a big hit. 36 people plus 2 more joined us.
From Luz to Mylapore's temple area, C R Raghuram and K J Suriyan Naraynan of Namma Mylapore lead the enthusiastic group which comes from all over the city.
20 mins after they start, I get a call from a couple, tourists from Assam, who have got to know about the Mylapore Fest and are keen to be on this walk. We network them at the Mylapore Police Station.
"You made my day,"says Harazika.
Thats what this Fest aims to do.

PS; If you love to go on heritage walks, we are officially promoting all the different walks in the city.
Mail us your name and contact - mylaporetimes@vsnl.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to go, but I thought it might have been called off because of the rains on the day before. I should have called and checked I guess.

Is there any other walk scheduled this month or can we do a similar walk informally?

Please let me know.

jillumadrasi@gmail.com