Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kolam-poti thaaney?!

Whenever we walk the Mada veedhis and bylanes in the run up to the Fest, the people who recognise us are the vegetable vendors, the 'mallipoo' sellers, the fruit hawkers and households around this place.
'Kolam-poti aa?', a 'poo' hawker asks me.
I share the Fest dates.
She passes it on to her fellow-hawkers. 
Late in the night, the kulfi hawkers cycle in. 
A five rupee kulfi tastes heavenly after a hard day's work. 
I tell the kulfi-wallah to land up on the Fest evenings with lots of kulfi and his fellowmen.
He promises to be there.
Check them out. 
The Sundaram Finance Mylapore Fest is all about live and let live too!

If you come across toymakers and treats your parents enjoyed, share your stories here.  .  

1 comment:

Renu said...

last year also i missed itm and this year also, I got yhe news today only, I feel you must advertise in paper well in advance, those who are new to Chennai, people like me, want to see , but never get to know what and where, its only when the festival is finished, we read about it in the news paper.